Thursday, July 8, 2010

Road Trip

I'm looking to give my blog a bit more attention. I'm using it as a type of therapy; too, to just be able to trace the steps in my thought process. Mecca and I are planning a trip to LA this coming week. We hope to see Malibu an anticipate seeing the (in)famous Gladstone's. However, I'm too excited about seeing Pepperdine University and exposing Mecca to it as well. It's tragic that growing up in California I never visit'd a college campus. I believe no place exist with more schools of higher learner than California. It's sad as well that not anyone felt compelled to even suggest that I visit a campus for other reasons than a football game. I can recall not planning on going to college my freshman year of high school; but, at the same time, I can remember always looking up that hill, of Pepperdine, and wanting to know what was up there. It was something of an enigma. I don't want a University-education-to be foreign to my girls. I want them to feel at home with education. Where everything else is a distant second. I had to have that attitude to get as far as I have in school; and, I want to impress a psychology that this education thing is not for a job, but to gian understanding-and I say that with caution-and a forum for expression....

No comments: