Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Where is my fight?

The question was asked to me, "Should the Muslims build a masjid at the site of 911." My first thought was what group, meaning Afro-American or immigrant, was responsible for the endeavor? I believe it to be an insensitive move. If I'm a black man in American, and the condition of blacks is what it is pertaining to education, unemployment, incarceration, and so forth, when I become Muslim does my fight become Iraq or Afghanistan? Has the civil rights movement ended for black America? Have we gain'd the equality that we've been striving for subsequent to the emancipation proclamation. I understand the ideal of Islam; however, there exist the ideal and the real. I believe the Muslims strive for the Islam represented in the stars and trees which is something they will never attain. We as blacks are an undeveloped group and have not addressed completely the condition of our psyche even with coming into Islam....

No comments: